Monday, November 22, 2010

Crazy setting.

So It's been awhile since I last posted.  Last week, I was lucky enough to receive a temp assignment for about a month.  I was thrilled even though I was being extremely underpaid for the job.  However, I was just happy to get some work.  It was a job at a creative company with heavy Outlook scheduling.  This, I wasn't used to.  And,  for whatever reason, during my first few days at this assignment my mind  switched to it's crazy setting.  Meaning, I pretty much forgot and/or didn't listen to anything my supervisor  had told me .  I made numerous errors much to my own disappointment and was dismissed from the job after three days.  I can't lie and say I am not thoroughly disgusted with myself.   At times, I feel I fail at whatever I try to attempt in this life..  I just don't understand it.  It's like my brain knows when I really want to exceed at something and then I just unconsciously go out of my way to fail at it.  What sucks, is that now I know the agency that helped me get this job will most likely not need "my services" any longer.  So that sucks a bit harder.  Anyway, I am kind of excited because I got cast in a play and although its more of a "theatrical event" then a play it's at least something.  Only problem is, it's far away and I need a place to stay so that's my obstacle at the moment.  So if I can get that settled, maybe when I do this play I can stop self-sabotaging myself. Soo I will keep everyone posted.  But like always, I'm thankful that (at the moment) I have my health, a roof over my head, and a mom that always supports me no matter what I do.  That's it for now.  Good Luck to all the job seekers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment