Thursday, November 25, 2010

One Fine Day

Happy Thanksgiving People!   Well, it's Thanksgiving in America anyway.  Today, I gave thanks for a great yesterday.   Yesterday I had a really great interview at a finance firm.  Which finance firm may you ask?  Ha!  Like I would ever tell and risk losing the chance at the job.  It's a reception/administrative assistant position and the money is great.   Nope it's not in the media or publishing nor is it an acting job; but it's a job nonetheless.  Maybe if I get it I could really get my life together.  Get a car, an apartment, and finally get my health together.  This could be good. So I am definitely excited.  The people there look cool as well.  They're younger and slightly more relaxed then the company I left.  Definitely not "fashion show, fashion show at lunch!" type of people which makes me feel a little more at ease.  The only thing that makes this bitter sweet is that if I get this job, once again I am putting my media and acting dreams on hold.   But I could really use the money to at least get an apartment and a few things done.  I suppose it's just never going to happen but I still have to dream and work on it in any way possible even if it's in a limited way, right?   I wouldn't be able to do that play I had mentioned, earlier, either if it's an immediate start.  Oh well, no one gets everything they want, but I guess I can hope.  I just want to live to my potential one day.  That's all I want.  Is it too much to ask for?  Oh well.  But thank God at least I had a a good interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment