Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That's the end of that...

Well I didn't get the job I interviewed for last week.  I have mixed feelings about this.  While it did seem like a nice place to work, and the money was good, in the end I think it was kind of good that I didn't get it.  I would have most likely ended up being miserable there.  It wasn't part of my media backup plan so I can only hope that something else will work out for me.  I'm going to do that play then.  It is a little beneath me, but I could use the practice, the exposure, and another credit on my resume.  It's all good.  It's gonna be a lot of money to travel there but hopefully it will be worth it.  I just hope none of the people I went to school with are in it.   God, I hated the hoity toity people in my theater department.  I'm pretty sure they believed their shit didn't stink.  However, I will just have to deal with it if they are in the play.  I also contacted my old temp agency in that city so I could get some temp work while I'm there so maybe I'll be able to do that.  Get some moolah in my pocket.  In other news, someone did reach out to me at an ad agency--and I think that's great. The woman I spoke to over the phone was a little uninspired, but I wouldn't be working with her anyway.  I would be supporting a team, and that's a little intimidating, but I think I could do it.  They said there would be absolutely no opportunity for growth, but I think it would be cool to get my foot in the door someplace like that.  So there are a lot of opportunities in my future nothing solid but I do feel positive today.  That's it peeps.  Seacrest out.

No comments:

Post a Comment